If you ask most people what is their one major objective in life they would probably give you a vague answer, such as, “I want to be successful” “Be happy” or “Make a good living” and that is it. These are all wishes and none of them are clear goals.
Goals must be SMART:
1. S–Specific. For example, “I want to lose weight.” This is wishful thinking. It becomes a goal when I pin myself down to “I will lose 10 kgs in 50 days.”
2. M–must be Measurable. If we cannot measure it, we cannot accomplish it. Measurement is a way of monitoring our progress.
3. A–must be Achievable. It means that it should be out of reach …just enough to be challenging but it should not be out of sight otherwise it becomes disheartening.
4. R–Realistic. A person who wants to lose 100 kgs in 30 days is being unrealistic.
5. T–Time-bound. There should be a starting date and a finishing date.
So make sure the goals that you set are SMART. And achieve more !
Founder & Life Coach